This is one idea I had for covering up a blank wall. Prints from gift bags are so cute to display. Being a toddler, Josiah loves to point and say what the images are like heart, elephant, lion or candle….it is a good opportunity while playing to connect images to words.
- Gift bags (as many as you want for length)
- 3 Nails or Pushpins
- Draw out shapes of your choice from the gift bags your kids’ presents came in. Use lids, boxes or ruler to create the shape. I used a huge cooking pot lid to round the bottom of the bag so it is not fully square shaped.
- Be sure to include the handle of the bag when you draw the shape so you don’t end up cutting it out.
- Take scissors and cut the shape.
- Layout and arrange how you want the design to be.
- Use the ribbon and tie a knot on each handle loop so it can stay in place when hanging on the wall.
- Nail or pin each end of the banner on the wall. Tie a few loops of the ribbon around the nail or pin so the banner won’t weigh down when hanging.
- Use atleast 3 nails or pushpins to keep the banner neatly in place.